The long history of our cheese factory starts from Chrysostomou Ilias, known as SOMIS since 1941 which was located in Agios Sergios Famagusta.
A few years later in 1970 Chrysostomos Ilias of the first generation decides to modernize the dairy unit by building a fully equipped factory in Agios Sergios. Unfortunately, in 1974, four years later, the worst was in store for them as the island was invaded, thus losing everything.
Forced by the barbarian conquerors, he was forced to leave his village and his property. After the end of the war, Chrysostomos Ilias and his son Andreas Ilias regroup and thus take the big decision to get back on their feet and create a small business from scratch in the refugee settlement of Xylofagos.
With much toil and toil they worked hard to continue what they loved and made a living. After they slowly managed to return to the market, Andreas Ilias together with his three boys by his side made the big decision on 2004 to build a new factory in Frenaros. Here they were to write a new story in the dairy industry with the state-of-the-art factory at the time. Success came since love and excessive passion for the profession and quality stood out in the market.