About Somis Dairy
Our dairy operates since 1941 and today members of the 4th generation of the “Somis” family are working in it. Our first dairy unit operated in Agios Sergios, which now is an occupied village just outside Famagusta. In 1970 our grandfather decided to build a new dairy unit equipped with all the latest at the time machinery. Four years later (1974) everything was under the Turkish occupation. Forced to leave their premises, the owners made from the beginning a small industry in a refugee territory in Xylophagou. Despite the difficult circumstances they managed get on their feet with hard work and will. Progressive people as they were could not rest until something better was finally done. So they did; in 2004, “Somis Dairy” moves in brand new and modern facilities in Frenaros Industrial Area. Our factory runs the ISO22000 and BRC SYSTEMS. Dedication to quality is always a commitment, supplying the consumer and our customers with the finest and highest quality products.